I've discovered a really cool web tool which is perfect for picking colours for quilts - a colour palette generator. Just upload a photo like the one above and in a few moments you have a palette like this:
Big Huge Labs - BUT before you go read my tip below on resizing photos!
Digital cameras now take photos which are very large files and if you upload these to the internet they take ages. You can resize your photos very easily using a free 'Image Resizer' program from Microsoft which makes uploading photos so much quicker:
- First download then install the programme from here (scroll down to find 'Image Resizer')
- Now find the folder where you store your photos
- Right click on a photo and choose 'resize image'
- Choose from small, medium or large -I usually use medium
- Image resizer now makes a copy of your photo at this new size
- You can resize many photos at once by selecting them all before right clicking and resizing