Saturday 11 June 2011

Christmas Quiltalong- Triangle Tricks

Today is QuiltSue's Christmas Quiltalong and for once I'll be able to join in. Yesterday I went shopping for some red and green fabric which are Christmassy colours  and also bought a pack of ivory tone on tone fat quarters. I found a fourth fabric for my sashing so I'm ready to go!

I've decided to kill two birds with one stone and prepare a sample quilt for one of the 6 week classes I'll be teaching in the Autumn. In this particular course I'm aiming to teach my students quick and easy ways to piece triangles: half-square, quarter-square and flying geese triangles to be precise. I've designed a quilt in EQ7 so today I'm testing  my own written instructions and taking photos to go in the final handouts.

You'll have to come back later to see which blocks I'm making. Also don't forget to visit QuiltSue's blog Quilt Times for more festive fun!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning from one Hazel to another! You have a lovely Christmassy collection of fabric there - and I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be getting up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Hazel, those are lovely fabrics! I;ll be back later to see how you've been doing :)

    ReplyDelete