Monday 24 May 2010

Snowball Night!


Karen from Sew Many Ways has started a new quilt along project. It's easy to follow - just set aside one evening to make a few snowball blocks so in a few months we should have enough to make a quilt.

I've decided Monday is going to be my snowball night so here's my first block. Actually I made 4 in the same fabrics and the bonus is I have lots of tiny half square triangle units. Karen is making her blocks 8" but I settled on 6" finished so I cut 6 1/2" main fabric and 2 1/2" contrast. I can cut the small squares on my Go cutter so that saves me some time and I can use up some of my batiks.

Why not join in? Karen has a button to copy on her blog which I'm going to add to my sidebar and we can follow each other's progress.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining. I love your blocks and the fabric is great. Wow, you're fast, four on the first day. Can't wait to see everyone's progress. Thanks for putting my button on your blog too. Glad to see my instructions worked...I wasn't sure!
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete