Sunday 2 August 2009

Tail Feathers


After a busy morning tidying the vegetable garden I sat down to start another project. This one is a stitchery block of the month called 'Tail Feathers' by Natalie Lymer. I've never done anything stitchery before and people who know me will be surprised as I hardly stitch anything by hand. My interest was sparked a few weeks ago when I saw a fellow student at C&G stitching a free Noah's Ark pattern by Lynette Anderson I found Tail Feathers mentioned on the Buttonberry blog and fell in love with it. The kind girls there said I could join even tho everyone else started in June so I have a bit of catching up to do.

I'm planning to sit and stitch in front of the TV in the evenings.I'll also take it away with me when I go on my annual break to Knuston Hall for a clothes making summer school in a few weeks.

The photo shows the first block pieced together with the applique for the little robin who appears in each block and the markings for the hand embroidery. Watch this space to see if I keep on track!

1 comment:

  1. That looks really cute, but I am amazed that you're voluntarily doing some hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete