Tuesday 18 August 2009

August Linus Quilt


I set myself a target of doing one Linus quilt per month and here is the latest. It's pieced but not yet quilted - that may have to wait a week or two. The design is from an old issue of Quick Quilts (Sept 07) and is really easy to put together - essential for a charity quilt I think! I changed the dimensions slightly. The large squares are cut 6 1/2" and the smaller 3 1/2" and made up the blocks with one large and two small squares. There are 6 by 6 blocks so the quilt measures 36" by 54" but I may add a small border. Anyway it was quite relaxing to do lots of chain piecing and I'm really pleased I could use up more of my stash!

When Jen the Vet came to stay at the weekend I had to clear my 'Studio' which doubles as a bedroom. Here is a rare glimse of it tidy after I got my sewing machine out again.

The machine folds away into the Horn cabinet which can be pushed to the side to allow the second bed to be wheeled out from under the bed you can see so in theory it's very quick to do. Of course this doesn't allow for clearing the fabric thread UFO's etc etc which normally adorn both the table and bed!! The storage cabinet was a christmas present from Mr Photographer and is fantastic - it holds 6 artbin storage boxes and just fits perfectly under the table. Click here for a supplier.

I also have an iron permanently set up which is a great timesaver. This one doubles as a steam iron for my tailoring projects. So a compact but functional space. Now if only I could get rid of the beds......

No comments:

Post a Comment