Monday 15 October 2012

Stepping Stones


My goodness it's a long time since I've posted on my blog! I can't really explain how I go out of the habit of blogging but I have been busy and somehow never got round to taking photos of my projects to share....until now. This last weekend I treated myself to a short break from work and spent time at a workshop where I was a student rather than the teacher! QuiltSue taught a workshop for Tuesday Quilters based on the Stepping Stones quilt from her book Pick Four. It was just what I needed - a day of easy sewing just for fun!

I chose colours which are unusual for me - pastel shades of pink and mint green from the lovely Riley Blake 'Willow' range. The quilt design is perhaps not as striking as in the bolder colours most people were using but I love it anyway. Sue decided it was reminiscent of sugared almonds and she's quite right!


It's not easy to photograph pastels but here's a shot of the quilt top so far. I made 18 nine patch blocks then cut them in quarters (disappearing nine patch) so the quilt is 7 blocks by 10. That's just a bit bigger than the quilt in Sue's book. It needs a couple of borders before I layer and quilt it but it was very quick to put together and will make a lovely single bed sized quilt.

I must take some more photos to share a few other quilt tops I've made in recent weeks. The WIPs seem to be piling up now and I will have to spend half term week on getting them quilted and finished. I will try to stay in touch more regularly too!

Hazel x

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks lovelier-er in real life. Very soft and feminine, oh yes, and sugared almond-y too.

    ReplyDelete