Sunday, 15 August 2010
When I opened the pattern yesterday morning I realised the paper piecing patterns were very tiny. Each tree and Santa were only 3 inches high and each Santa has 21 pieces - oh my goodness gracious me! I decided to try to enlarge them on our new scanner/copier/printer. This was much easier than I thought it would be. I copied the patterns, cut out 1 of each and placed them on the scanner then chose the 'resize to fit paper' option. It did exactly what it said and enlarged them perfectly to about double the original size! All I had to do then was to print copies onto my foundation paper and I was away. I have another pattern to try by the same designer, featuring penguins, so I think I'll do the same with that.
Right. back to the sewing machine. I'm hoping to post again later with the finished quilt top!
PS the pattern is by MH Designs.