Tuesday 20 April 2010

Purple Coneflowers: work in progress


This week I'm preparing for teaching a workshop on1st May for the Yorkshire branch of the Quilters Guild. The workshop is based on 'My Little House' which I made as a result of studying Laura Wasilowski's work at college. I bought a quilt kit from Laura and Frieda Anderson's stall at the Festival of quilts last year so decided it was time to make it up to show my students. Here it is in progress.

As you can see in the photo I've fused the picture in place and I'm part way through stippling the background. The hand dyed fabrics in the kit are beautiful - especially the border fabric which graduates from green through to orange and fushia pink. I'm using a gorgeous King Tut variegated cotton for the stippling and it sews like a dream!

I'm trying to do a little quilting each evening after work so hopefully it will be finished by the weekend. Visit Frieda's website for more of her lovely designs!

3 comments:

  1. This is really lovely .... and yes, that background fabric is really nice too:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece, I love the fabrics, the design and layout.
    Everything just works so perfectly together, the type of piece, you can just stare at for hours.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete