It started out with fabric to which I had fused some painted bondaweb (wonder under). Today I added some torn organza on top, then layered and quilted it. I then started to add beads by machine which I'd seen demonstated on a Bernina video on the Quilt Show website. I used a size 60 needle and my only real problem was seeing some of the tiny beads. I had to wear hubby's readers on top of my own specs for extra magnification! I was going along fine until I got a bit too confident and broke the needle. Now I may have to wait til I can buy a new packet of needles to carry on - I'll try a size 70 tomorrow.
I'm pleased with the resulting picture. It will be going in my college file when it's finished and bound. I'll add more technical details on my other blog. If you'd like to watch the beading video (and others) click here.