Thursday 18 February 2010

Landscape Book Cover

 

This week I'm working on my landscape design sketchbook for my college course (details on my other blog) and decided to make a cover for the book which is A4 in size. I've got Ineke Berlyn's book  'Landscape in Contemporary Quilts' in which she suggest making quick landscape pictures by piecing strips so I used that idea to make the front. I didn't have a pattern so had to figure out a method myself. I added a pocket in the front flap for a CD containing my photos and computer design work.

 
I'm really pleased with the way this turned out - especially as it fits the sketchbook!!
I also have to acknowledge  inspiration  from a couple of shops on  Etsy:  Ruby Mountain Dye Works makes journal covers from their gorgeous hand dyed fabrics and Daily Threads make a beautifully stitched version with an ingenious pocket for pencils.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love your landscape fabrics & design. Also like how you added a pocked to hold a CD and photos. Very cool.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cover is super!! What a great idea to add a pocket for a CD! I'm thinking that this could be a great idea for some of my machine embroidery manuals and their CD's as it is sometimes hard to keep them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea Hazel! I see you are making good progress on the C&G work. I love the idea of including a CD with your photos on - although I have already printed most of mine! I have spent all day today on it and still have to do my resolved designs. Pretty fed up with it all - hope it will be worth it! Hope you are having a lovely half term.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cover, and what a clever idea to add the CD pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great. Well done on such a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, i am working on mine too but havent got very far with it - wish I had half term off! Still aiming to get it done by next weekend though :)

    ReplyDelete