Monday 4 January 2010

A Winner and Two Quilts



And the winner is.............

Happy Cottage Quilter!

Congratulations - I'll email your prize details soon.

I'm sorry I can't send everyone a prize but thanks for your comments and for entering the draw - better luck next time!

I kept busy at the weekend finishing my rag quilt with the flannel squares with fringing cut on the Go cutter. Here it is:



I'm pretty pleaserd with it although I realised part way through I'd originally planned to have this side as the back! Oh well no-one else will know I got it wrong will they? Here's the back:

 
 
 I also finished a UFO started last year. This is going to Project Linus and I just decided to add another row of blocks before quilting very simply and binding.
 


This project was great for using up scraps of bright fabrics and should have been quick to make if I hadn't put it aside part way through. Still 2 finishes aleady this year can't be bad!! 
 
I am determined to make better use of my time this year and try to spend a little time on the sewing machine each evening after work. This week I'm sewing together the apple core blocks I cut last week and they are going together nicely. I'll post a photo of my progress later in the week. So I'd better go get busy.........

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts. Don't you just love making rag quilts with the AccuQuilt Go? Makes it so easy. Not sure if you are a fan of AccuQuilt on facebook, but if you are you may want to post a photo of your beautiful rag quilt there!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are both really really cute. I adore the rag quilt though the best.
    Very good, 2 projects down already, that is really great stuff.
    Congrats to the Happy Cottage Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts and congratulations to the winner.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Happy Cottage Quilter. I love your rag quilt, and look forward to seeing the Apple Core soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Happy Cottage Quilter, she is one lucky girl! I love the quilts!

    ReplyDelete