Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year!





















 Happy New Year Everyone fromMeg, Katie, Pringle, Fudge and Me!

Where has the last year gone? It's true the years do get faster as I get older but I'm looking forward to 2010. What will your New Year Resolution be? I'll have to think on that myself!

I had a lovely Christmas at home with the family with lots of laughter and fun. The photos above were taken on Christmas morning when all 4 dogs went for a frolic in the snow. They love to run and it meant they were quiet and sleepy the rest of the day!

We all had lots of presents to open. I was very lucky and my sackful included 5 new quilting books:

These should keep me busy for a while!

I got lots of other wonderful things including a new camera to replace my old one which finally gave up on me 2 weeks before Christmas. Yesterday I got another toy to play with partly funded from my saving and partly from my Mother-in Law who sends a cheque for us all to share - Thanks Jean!

Yes - a Go Cutter, wow! I've been playing with it and had a go at cutting all the shapes I ordered - tumblers, apple cores, rag squares and 'chisels' plus the standard squares and triangles included. It's going to be a real stash buster I think. Here is the result of and hour and a quarter with a pack of 21 fat quarters which I bought in the USA 2 years ago:



I cut 189 apple core pieces which include little notches in the sides to help with matching. Fantastic!

Today I've been cutting raggy squares from flannel:


These fabrics have also been lurking in the cupboard because I couldn't face cutting all that fringing. Just need to spend more time on the sewing machine now. Guess what I'll be doing New Year's Day!

Wishing you all a very happy and peaceful New Year.

Hazel x

5 comments:

  1. Great post. Congratulations on getting an AccuQuiltGo for Christmas. You certainly have been busy busting your stash. Isn't it fast & accurate? I love the Go. I spent a few hours cutting last night too!

    Can't wait to see what you make with it.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! What an amazing thing! I must check it out. Looks like a whole lot of fun and time saving too.
    Happy 2010 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great presents Hazel. I think that the cutter is the coolest thing- hadn't seen one before that was used for fabrics- We had one at school that could cut various shapes. It looks like a great investment for template cutting.

    What nice books that you received- I have often thought about buying the scrap surprises book.

    I am enjoying using your little bag that you gave me as a giveaway prize. Thank you so much for it.
    Have a great New Year.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa abviously thought you'd been VERY good in 2009. I am looking forward to seeing the applecore and the raggy quilts made now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word Hazel, you must have been really good last year for Santa to be so generous!
    I can say 'snap' with the woven quilt book - I got that as a gift from my uncle.
    The cutter looks amazing - I would love to see it in action if you could bring it to college. My only worry is how on earth you will find time to stitch those apple cores together! Although the raggy quilts are great fun to make and very quick - especially when you have a machine to cut all the edges!
    Happy New Year! Janet x

    ReplyDelete