Tuesday 1 September 2009

Shopping and Fabric Samples

 My kit contained beautiful hand dyes fabric and tthe pattern
I did a little shopping at the festival of quilts - I was very retrained really! I bought an art quilt kit from the 'Chicago School of Fusing', pictured above. I love Laura Wasilowski and Frieda Anderson's quilts and their stand was stunning. Their hand dyed fabrics and threads are to die for - to go to the Artfabric store for Laura's patterns click here. For Frieda's patterns click here.


I treated myself to one book by Ineke Berlyn which has loads of photos from her sketchbooks and the resulting quilts.I love the idea of having a sketchbook but I'm afraid I've never developed the habit of drawing and painting for inspiration.

 
Just two of the fabric sample cards I received.

I also bought 3 lengths of fabric. One of these was from Oakshott Fabrics who make gorgeous fine shot cotton in a huge range of colours. I've visited their website before but I'm wary of ordering without seeing samples of the fabric because colours on the internet are so difficult to match. I had a word with the man on the stall and he took my name and address and said he'd send me samples. Well he did! I got a large envelope with several large cards containing the samples neatly arranged and labelled - fantastic. I'll definitely be ordering this fabric regularly.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the bright colors! I can't wait to see what you purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours in the fabrics, and the Oakshott ones look interesting.

    ReplyDelete