Saturday 25 July 2009

A Present in the Post

Does everyone love getting packages in the post? There I was sitting with a cup of tea watching James Martin on Saturday Kitchen when the postman arrived with a padded envelope for me. I have to say it was something I'd ordered the other day so not a complete surprise but look what was inside the envelope:

How cool is that? It made it much more exciting to open! The website has some beautiful patterns and fabrics so I may become a regular customer.
Inside were a book I'd spotted on the Melly and Me blog and ordered from Buttonberry on Thursday with a cute quilted slipper pattern.

The slippers look perfect for me - I need something on my feet in the house but have trouble finding slippers which are not fur lined or look too frumpy. They are seem incredibly easy to make and the instructions explain how to make them in any size.

The book is absolutely gorgeous. It has 12 projects: a baby quilt, 5 toys, a stitchery picture, 2 childrens backpacks, a handbag, messenger bag and an argyle patterned quilt. It makes me I wish I had young children to sew for! I bought it with the intention of making some easy toys for a Christmas Fair stall in the Autumn so now I need to set aside some time for that.......!

No comments:

Post a Comment