Sunday 19 July 2009

Tessellation

I've finished another small quilt today based on a tessellating design from Lynne Edwards' book 'Stashbuster Quilts'. It was fun to do some classic piecing and because it's only 12" square it was quick to make. I plan to do more small quilts of this size or perhaps A4 to try different techniques from my large collection of patchwork and quilting books.

When I downloaded the photo I found photos on the memory card from a cruise holiday we took a few years ago. We spent a day in Lisbon where we went on a tram tour through the narrow streets of the old town. Many of the buildings are covered in amazing tiles and some also have wonderful wrought iron balconies which would be fantastic adapted to quilting designs. Here are a few of the pictures:




1 comment:

  1. Love the Tessellated quilt, especially the colours in it.

    The first picture of a balcony was interesting - I have got a digitised quilting pattern that is virtually identical!

    ReplyDelete