Tuesday 24 March 2009

I spent Saturday and Sunday at college mainly working on the Miniature Quilt I have to make for the City and Guilds Diploma. The maximum size is 12 inches squareand I'm making 36 blocks measuring 1.75 inches by foundation paper piecing. It's fiddly but I love the accuracy of foundation piecing. I also took in my presentation on 4 quilt artists which includes samples of their work: Ricky Tims, Laura Wasilowski and Beth Wheeler.




'Harmonic Convergence ' quilt using Ricky Tims hand dyed fabric. I was lucky enough to attend a lecture with Ricky at the Festival of Quilts last year - inspirational!







'My House' in the style of Laura Wasilowski. I love Laura's quirky quilts which are made by fusing fabrics and embelliching with hand and machine stitches.






'Cosmos' in the style of Beth Wheeler, was made from a photo I took in Iceland last year. I manipulated it in Photoshop then printed it onto cotton fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment